[The Vault > PHPBB 2]
PHPBB2 is a free, open-source forum suite built in the coding language PHP. It was designed to be a user-friendly system that could be installed and modified with ease. Development for PHPBB2 lasted between 2001 to 2008.
You can read more on the Wikipedia article here.
Taken from the PHPBB User Guide:
phpBB has a few requirements which must be met before you are able to install and use it. In this section, these requirements are explained.
- A webserver or web hosting account running on any major Operating System with support for PHP
- A SQL database system, one of:
- MySQL 3.23 or above (MySQLi supported)
- MariaDB 5.1 or above
- MS SQL Server 2000 or above (via ODBC)
- MS SQL Server 2005 or above (via the native adapter, SQLSRV)
- PostgreSQL 8.3+
- SQLite 2
- SQLite 3
- PHP >= 5.3.3, PHP < 7.0-dev
- getimagesize() function enabled
- The following PHP modules are required:
- Corresponding PHP module for the database system you intend to use
- The following PHP modules are optional, but will provide access to additional features.
- zlib Compression support
- Remote FTP support
- XML support
- Imagemagick support
- GD support
Previous Versions (DOWNLOAD AT YOUR OWN RISK):
- v2.0.12 to v2.0.22 can be found here
- Despite never receiving a public release, v2.0.24 is available on PHPBB's Github account. You can download the version here.