Well, this has been fun. I’ve spent the past two weeks trying to finalize how character stats are going to be tracked. It’s a lot of variable arrays with a lot of sub-variables. Initially I wanted you to have complete control over every little tiny aspect of your character, down to your nail type. Shortly afterwards, I realized just how unnecessary that all is. There’s no way in hell I’m going to create extra variables just so I can reference them once in a single scene and forget about them later on. Especially since every single character in the game (both player and NPC) will use the same bloated character sheets, it’s best to remove the clutter. So that’s what I’ve been doing.
Here’s what the current variable list looks like:
- Sex – Your biological makeup
- Pronouns (Uppercase) – You can select from a drop-down or specify your own
- Pronouns (Lowercase)
- Height – 48-84 inches
- Build – The way the character is physically built (toned, plush, etc.)
- Shape – The way the character is percieved (masculine, androgynous, feminine)
- SkinType – More of a texture thing (soft, leathery, coarse) until different skin types are introduced (scales, etc.)
- SkinColor – Your skin complexion
- HairType – Defaults to normal and won’t be available for direct changing. Characters with scales or feathers or whatever will have this changed.
- HairLength – Short, medium, or long
- HairStyle – Mainly just for added descriptors.
- HairColor – Starts off with natural colors, but crazy ones will be available later on
- BreastSize – I really have no idea how these next ones are gonna go
- HasPenis – Won’t have the ability to manually set from the get-go, but you can get one later on if it suits your fancy. If you want to start with one, you’ll need the select the ‘male’ option from the sex variable
- PenisType – ugh
- PenisLength – Please don’t make me explain all of these
- PenisGirth – Dictates if you’re built like a tuna can or not
- HasVagina – Same thing as that ‘HasPenis’ variable, but for hoo-hahs …yeah
- VaginalTightness – uhm
- VaginalWetness – yikes
- VaginalProperty – Alright, I’ll explain a little. At some point you may or may not have the ability to gain an extra “perk” that modifies your…well, you get it. Probably a few “perks” to choose from at some time or another.
- AnalTightness – uh
- Class – I want you to have a few different classes you can choose from that’ll slightly alter your base stats. Of course you won’t be locked into this so don’t feel like it’s a vital choice, but it will have some effect on your beginning play style.
- Dexterity – This is your accuracy with weapons. It’ll compete directly with an opponent’s evasion level.
- Strength – Raw power. This controls how much damage you can do and what kind of gear you can use effectively.
- Evasion – Your ability to avoid damage. I’d like to clarify that this is not speed per se, but just your effectiveness at avoiding hits or fleeing combat. I’m basically combining the roles of defense and agility together because I’m lazy.
- Charisma – While procedural combat will be a thing, I’d like for you to be able to talk your way out of situations as well, giving way to a pacifist run. Will also help you outside of combat.
- Charm – Your effectiveness at winning the enemy’s affection. This is different than Charisma, which is purely non-sexual. Charm is a measurement of your ability to flirt and ‘woo’ the opponent.
- Lust – A “negative” trait, lust determines how well you receive charm advancements from opponents. Lower lust is almost always preferable, unless you just like being everyone’s toy or something. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
CharacterStats (Most only apply to the player character)
- CombatWins – Self-explanatory. Shows how many times you’ve won a fight by beating someone up.
- CombatLosses – How many times someone has won a fight against you, brawling or otherwise.
- CombatEvasions – How many times you’ve ran away.
- CombatPersuasions – How many times you’ve convinced someone to stop fighting.
- CombatLusts – How many times you’ve seduced someone into submission. Kinky.
- CombatKnockout – How many times you’ve been beaten so badly that you’ve fainted.
- ChildrenMothered – Shows how many brats have come out of your hoo-hah.
- ChildrenFathered – Shows how many hellspawns you’ve fathered into the world.
- QuestsStarted – How many quests you’ve started.
- QuestsCompleted – How many quests you’ve completed.
- EntriesUnlocked – There’ll be a journal with some info in it. A lot of that info you’re gonna have to unlock as you discover it. This shows a percentage of how much you’ve unlocked so far.
It’s important to note that, like all things, these are subject to change at any time. I’ll probably add more when I get some wild hair up my ass and want a new character trait to include in the writing or whatever. Work steadily continues on Atlas, but no deadline on the next version.
P.S – For any Pox fans, I’m sorry. Pox is probably gonna sit on the back shelf for a bit until I can reinvigorate my inspiration for it.